Muse Group empowers music makers. We create the world’s most popular apps for playing, recording and composing music.
Through our innovative learning tools, expansive music catalogs and free open-source software, we make it easier for millions — from beginners to experienced musicians — to be creative every day.
Our talented team of music lovers collaborate all over the globe, from Limassol to Seoul, Boston to Berlin. We’re an ambitious company with the drive and culture of a startup — with many more exciting Muse Group developments to come.
We are looking for a Social Media Manager for Ultimate Guitar who can grow our audiences and increase retention through planning and creating an engaging calendar of content and impactful communications. This role will be part of Communications Team and responsible for Ultimate Guitar marketing and may also assist in communications projects for other Muse Group products, including Audacity, MuseClass and StaffPad.
- Plan and execute on a regular calendar of Ultimate Guitar content on social media.
- Publicise Ultimate Guitar product updates and features through high-reach announcements and engaging ads.
- Lead and execute on Ultimate Guitar influencer outreach and strategy.
- Report on Ultimate Guitar content performance and use metrics to inform future strategy.
- Expand our existing Ultimate Guitar audiences with new content strands, including blogs and email newsletters.
- Work closely with the Ultimate Guitar Editorial Team to ensure communications and editorial strategy are aligned. Contribute to new editorial ideas, including artist interviews and new genre content.
- Lead communication strategy with the Ultimate Guitar community, including forums, reviews and socials.
- Assist with planning and executing content for key product launches beyond Ultimate Guitar, including Audacity, ToneBridge, and more.
- A love of guitar music old and new, plus a deep understanding of musical and cultural trends.
- Experience managing and writing copy for social media channels (YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok), preferably for a music, tech or lifestyle brand.
- Experience collaborating with influencers or artists.
- Experience managing online communities.
- The ability to take a metric based approach to content
- A strong visual sense for social media branding.
- A self-starter who can bring many creative ideas for content to the table.
- Experience with tools for designing social media content, including Canva.
- Desired: Experience with video editing software.
- Desired: Being comfortable in-front of the camera either interviewing artists or discussing Ultimate Guitar Editorial stories.
- Desired: Knowledge and experience with the Ultimate Guitar app and/or website.