Muse Group empowers music makers. We create the world’s most popular apps for playing, recording, and composing music.
Through our innovative learning tools, expansive music catalogs, and free open-source software, we make it easier for millions — from beginners to experienced musicians — to be creative every day.
Our talented team of music lovers collaborates all over the globe, from Limassol to Seoul, Boston to Berlin. We’re an ambitious company with the drive and culture of a startup — with many more exciting Muse Group developments to come.
Audacity, a part of our family of products, is a free and open-source digital audio editor and recording application. Available for Windows, macOS, Linux, and other Unix-like operating systems, it is the world’s most popular audio editing software, with over 150 million downloads since March 2015.
You are a programmer with competence in Qt and QML who enjoys the expressiveness of modern C++. But more importantly, you have an understanding of good large-scale program structure.
You will not merely add features. You will collaborate with software architects.
You will exchange code reviews with all other developers on the team to build a broad understanding of the application. You may also assist with the development of in-program features for automated functional testing.
- Make the Audacity app the greatest DAW, giving a modern look and feel while creating features that millions of users are waiting for.
- Implement required QML widgets.
- Implement new Audacity UI in Qt.
- Integrate new components with the Audacity code.
- Two years of experience with modern C++ language and libraries (preferably C++17), and curious about the newer language standards
- At least two years of experience working with cross-platform desktop applications using Qt 6/QML
- Familiar with source control in git, and collaboration via GitHub
- English-Intermediate or higher
Would be a plus:
- Experience using sound editing and visualization software
- Contributions to open-source projects on GitHub
- Skills of playing a musical instrument